Monday, February 23, 2009

Getting Big!

Okay, so it's been a while since I last posted and I have plenty to post about just not time to do it. So here is a little update on our sweet Madelyn. She is growing like a weed and becoming more mobile by the minute. She is now 8 & 1/2 months old and weighs about 16-17 lbs. This month has been a month of FIRSTS for Madelyn too. She had her first ear infection (2 weeks ago), cut her first 2 teeth the same day and she is now pulling up on whatever she can and standing with whatever help she can find. This girl would prefer to stand over sitting any day...even if it means doing the splits, she'll do it!(see pictures below, taken about 2 weeks ago.) Madelyn's other favorites are climbing under the table and chairs and she has also discovered the pantry, As long as the door is open she is in there standing and pulling down cereal boxes or whatever she can find.





Madelyn says "bahbahbah" and has started clicking her tongue when she sees someone else eating and she wants to eat. It's really cute. She is loving her baby food and will eat almost any veggie or fruit jar at this point. She wants nothing to do with cheerios or fruit puffs...she gags every time we try. SO, we decided to try the biter biscuits which she loves as you can see in the pics. If you look closely in the one of her smiling you can see her teeth that are cutting through.



We just love our sweet baby girl and she is so much fun to have in our family!

4 comments:

Bec, Tim and Boys said...

Madelyn is getting so big! Watch out because the 3rd is the busiest! Soon she will be doing everything her big brother and sister are doing!
Your sisters trip looked so fun!
Your family pics on the side of your blog are way cute!

THE HAGES said...

OK I love the green, I think it is very cute! Anyway, I just wanted to say thanks for hangin out today. I have totally been missing you guys! Oh and I totally for got to pay you. Sorry. But the food was great! Thanks for being such a great friend! Love Ya! Heidi

Sarah said...

I am guessing she is getting her body ready for when she becomes a gymnist:) Wasn't her mom at one time in her life?? She is a cute little girl!

Sheila said...

Man Kari, it's been FOREVER since I've seen you guys, I'm missing my Kari time!! Justin has been asking me non-stop every day, "Are we going to Zach and Kali house today??" I guess that means we better come and see you guys...and your HOT NEW TANS!!! What are you doing tomorrow?? I know Zach has school. Give me a call tonight (or I'll call you.)